An e-commerce platform is a software application that enables online businesses to manage and maintain their website, operations, and sales. E-commerce platforms like BigCommerce and many more offer important and powerful features needed to run a business.
While also mixing with common business tools — allowing businesses to organize their operations and run their business their way. Creating your E-commerce website has never been easier with easy to use and affordable, popular and best E-commerce platforms available in 2019.
E-commerce Platforms in 2019
Choosing the top and best e-commerce platform is not an easy task.
The market is full and there are many types of factors to consider. And your choice has a lot of influence on your online business, so it’s most important to give it just thought before signing up.
So to help you with that, here we’ve popular and best e-commerce platforms. And in the end, we really hope you are ready to get a decision on which best e-commerce platform is the right one for you.
Suggested Read: Top 11 YouTube To MP3 Converter Tools
#1. Wix Stores – Beautiful, Simple & Affordable
Wix is basically a website builder that enables you to build websites via drag and drop. On top of that, it also has the best features that enable you to create an online store.
Pros of using Wix Stores
- Like Shopify, e-commerce platforms are easy to use and very quick to set up. And there is no coding required, you can really drag content anywhere on your website with the user-friendly editor.
- They have over 500 templates specially made for online stores and even give stock images you can use right away.
- Generally, Wix offers a best and fully featured shopping cart with all the best functionality you need. And there are hundreds of applications in the official app market to more spruce up your site.
Cons of using Wix Stores
- So what you have to keep in mind, is that Wix is not a complete and pure e-commerce platform.
- It is best, first and foremost a website builder that is also able to sell things. Therefore, e-commerce abilities can be a bit basic.
- And keep also in mind that you can’t change your website template once you have published your website, which is a big disadvantage or drawback.
Shopify is the best e-commerce platform at selling. If you plan to drop ship, rely on Instagram marketing or Facebook Ads – so this is the best and perfect choice. And one more thing you wouldn’t use Shopify if you were going to rely on SEO.
Shopify is somewhat better in some areas over BigCommerce such as post-purchase 1-click upsells – but far back in terms of performance.
Pros of using Shopify
- Lighting very fast load time
- Easy to set up
- Many of certified partners to help you
- 1-Click selling
- Supports multiple channel and social selling
- Great and best themes with different designs
Shopify is the best and excellent platform for dropshipping, adding print on demand.
Cons of using Shopify
- Rated poorly in SEO in following studies
- And unable to customize the checkout process
- Apps can include up and become very costly
- Need a developer for advanced and best features
#3. SiteBuilder – Best for Beginners
SiteBuilder is the great and best website builder we’ve reviewed so far. And now we have reviewed its e-commerce options, which seem nice enough. It’s quite similar to Wix – you have to get the special and highest plan to start with an online shop.
Pros of using SiteBuilder
- It’s very easy to use.
- Their drag-and-drop interface is best, natural, simple and comprehensive.
- SiteBuilder has everything you have to get started – domain, hosting, analytics tools, SEO, and enough best e-commerce tools.
- And it comes with infinite bandwidth and storage space.
Cons of using SiteBuilder
- Even though SiteBuilder comes with hundreds of best and great templates, only about 100 are fit for e-commerce.
- Similarly to Wix, their e-commerce options can be defined for advanced users.
- There is barely any excellent marketing tools, best payment options, and logistical add-ons.
BigCommerce is the great overall e-commerce platform. Its strong product search engine makes it perfect for bigger local brands.
And it’s also a great choice for people who want to start an e-commerce store, or who have a brick and mortar store and want to increase their operations to add online orders.
Its available best tools make it possible for any niche or industry to be very successful.
Pros of using BigCommerce
- Scalable and flexible
- Shines with multi-channel selling
- Great SEO performance
- Excellent theme designs
- Overall abandoned cart feature
Cons of using BigCommerce
- Inconsistent speeds in continuous studies
- Gets very expensive for high volume stores
- Cart abandonment is not on the entry plan
- And no 1-click Selling/Upsells
Volusion is another cloud-based and hosted option to create an online store. And it has been around since 1999 and has treated more than $28 billion in sales during that time.
Pros of using Volusion
- Volusion is a drag-and-drop and best website builder with in-page editing.
- It gives a comprehensive website search and multiple active themes.
- It combines with plenty of best payment providers and doesn’t come with any transaction fees.
Cons of using Volusion
- Sadly, Volusion’s pricing structure is a little bit confusing, because they have a collection bandwidth limit. And if you run out, you have to pay for extra traffic.
- These type of e-commerce platforms offers no blogging capabilities.
- You can only add links to other blog websites on the menu. This is actually a fault in a digital world that runs on content marketing.
After its best e-commerce platform release to the public in 2001, 3dcart has helped over 22,000 online businesses with customers adding PCMag.
They have some useful and best features like infinite storage and no transaction fees.
And you can also use their POS, and they support many types of channel selling.
Pros of using 3dcart
- Excellent blog feature than other e-commerce platforms
- Maintains all the combinations you would need
- Great and best business user management tools (for example- QuickBooks, inventory, email etc.)
Cons of using 3dcart
- Templates feel dated
- And negative feedback on customer support
- Potential problems upgrading
- Not for beginners
Similar to Wix, Squarespace is also the best site builder operating with drag and drop. They started out with a center on making visually appealing sites.
And the website is placing extra energy into e-commerce and allowing its users to sell stuff online.
By now they are beginning to be a full-fledged e-commerce platform.
Pros of using Squarespace
- The service has a very simple and natural user interface and is very beginner friendly.
- The site templates they offer are beautiful, beautiful, bright and all come with mobile active abilities.
- The focus on design also makes Squarespace very suitable for selling products that require best and high-quality imagery.
Cons of using Squarespace
- On the side of disadvantages, Squarespace is slightly limited in features.
- And for example, it has limited payment options and is dropping the most important options for more multiple shops and a large number of products.
- And there is no marketplace for apps to include extra great features and best functionality.
WooCommerce is a great single platform to run e-commerce and member website under one roof. But the real and true e-commerce platforms like Shopify and BigCommerce sell better, but not by much.
It works with WordPress to turn any site into a functional e-commerce store. Also, there are best extensions available for combining social media, email marketing, 1-click selling, shipping and payment gateways.
And if you are very familiar with the WordPress platform, then WooCommerce is wind for you. You only have to install it and include your own products and set your settings.
Pros of using WooCommerce
- WordPress is a great platform for SEO
- 1 Click selling application available
- Many WordPress specialists available
- Extremely customizable
- Lots of marketing options and plenty of other combinations
Cons of using WooCommerce
- Great hosting can be pricey
- And have to deal with blame game for troubleshooting
- Essentially zero support
- You need extensions for the very easy stuff
Magento is kind of the WordPress of e-commerce platforms. It’s a part of open source software that you can easily download and install on your own servers. And at the same time, it also gives a hosted cloud version, kind of like WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
Pros of using Magento
- As a self-hosted solution, Magento provides you much control.
- With great technical knowledge, you can simply change pretty much anything you want in terms of design and functionality, plus take or choose your own server environment.
Cons of using Magento
- For the Community Edition, all the downsides of self-hosted platforms use.
- Be prepared to take care of all updates, security and everything more to ensure your shop runs correctly and properly.
- Magento has many great features.
Established in 2007, PrestaShop is a great open-source and cloud-hosted e-commerce platform that provides the best and perfect overall value.
You can either download the best software and customize it to fit your requirements for free or go with PrestaShop Ready which is the excellent and paid version for €24.90 per month or €19.90 if you pay yearly.
PrestaShop Ready is like the other hosted best e-commerce platforms. And you have access to the 16 days free trial or pay right away.
And also it comes with the great SSL certificate.
There are ten wonderful and free themes available in the admin. You might have a little bit good knowledge of HTML and CSS as the theme customizer doesn’t have a drag and drop functionality.
Pros of using PrestaShop
- Tons of applications/integrations available
- Great SEO
- Best options for both self-hosted and hosted
- An open source very flexible
- Big and ready-to-help community
Cons of using PrestaShop
- Slower than the other manufacturers
- Add-ons can include up
- Limited third-party marketing alliances
- Developer skill needed to squeeze
- No multichannel best functionalities on the hosted version
Therefore that’s all about the top 10 best e-commerce platforms In 2019. These excellent e-commerce platforms are best for everyone. These top and best e-commerce platforms are based on feature set, objective performance data and, value.
If you like this article so you can give your feedback in the comment section provided below. And also share with your Friends !!